Tuesday, April 3, 2007

simplicity can be more peaceful then beauty

I sit here,.. wondering if I will ever get a full night sleep ever again. Even with Jacob sleeping over at my in-laws, I am still fully awake. Esther and/or Daniel is partying a storm and my hip and back are just to sore to lie down. Eventually, out of shear exhausting I will pass out, at least that is what happens on most nights.

I look around my home and realize that peace comes with simplicity rather then with beauty.

You see after three weeks of "modified bed rest" due to having contractions with this pregnancy, I had finally come to terms that as long as our home would be organized I would be content. Well..... I was finally discharged from "modified bed rest" as I had 2 weeks of no contractions and you guessed it I organized my home.... it was so peaceful. I could almost feel God's presence in our home as we went about our day. Things all had a place and a time.

Then..... I decided that I should beautify our home meaning finish painting the kitchen cupboards. After all I had primed that already, that is in the spring time and if I didn't paint them now, when would they ever get painted. Well,... I have learned that one who is pregnant with twins and has not been out and about doing many thing they shall not paint kitchen cupboard for several hours in a row. I totally over did it, and God has placed me back on bed rest with a nasty cold and mild fever that comes and goes. But the worst of it,.... is the peace is gone.

The Martha in me totally wanted to have the beautiful kitchen, and did not think of asking God what he thought of the ordeal. Does God really care if my kitchen cupboards are in need of paint (on the inside) or not? If they are beautify? I don't think so. But he does care that we take care of our selves and rest when we need too, especially when pregnant.

The moral of the story is that God is teaching me that simplicity can be worth more than beauty. As he placed me back on bed rest, I hope for only a day or two, I will try to focus on what his plans are for me and letting go of the plans I have for myself. But....

I must say I love the look of those white cupboard inside and out and I am trying to find out if painting one cupboard at a time will be OK,... or should I just dream of them looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment