Friday, September 21, 2007

adoration

Well... it's been a while...
Things are crazy.
Joey and I have decided to hire out some help.
We have been blessed with a new community of women in our parish. They are living of God's providence and seeking 10-15 hours of employment a week. Hence, one of them will be starting with our family for a 3 hours a day/ 3 days a week. (yes, it's a little less then what they were seeking, but it's what we can afford for now.) I am really excited about finally getting help. Maybe, now I get kick off this infection and flu like feeling.
Everyone, except Esther are sick. Joey is starting to feel better, but Daniel and Jacob have a terrible cough but only a night.
and the big news is......

you guessed it from the title...
the kids and I actually made it out to 9 am daily mass today and stayed for some time in adoration. We walked in late,... but that was due to traffic not because of not leaving on time.
Jacob did so well. God provided an amazing lady to help feed the babies, and another to help sooth a baby while we packed up.

I remembered that when Jacob was a baby, I would bring a blanket and lay it on the ground just in front of the first pews. (Adoration at our church on Friday mornings is held in the actually church as the chapel is being cleaned.) This allowed me to lie him or later sit him up on the blanket with a few quiet toys and I could pray. I rule was that he was allowed to move around on the blanket but not off the blanket. Well... he remembered that. I had not done that in nearly a year. But I laid a big blanket that could fit all four of us down, and he nearly jump on it, prostrated (layed on his belly) looked up a Jesus,... wow. He moved around on the blanket, but stayed on their even when I would get up to attend to the babies!! I actually got a few minutes to pray, while all three kids were quiet. Thank you God.

I just had to share that one.... and oh yes... Jacob has finally .... done that sign of the cross as we prayed tonight. I am so proud of him. It has been a long time coming, but he's doing it.

Love,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment