Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cat

Almost two years ago, when the twins were thinny little babies, I made the choice to give my cat, Eclipse, of 12 years away to a good home. It was heart breaking for me. Eclipse would let her self be tortured by our 2 year old. She need a safe home. For sometime I was releived not to have to worry about her being hurt, and not having to worry about cleaning the cat's liter box, feeding her, and dealing with the cat hair in the house,... But lately I have really missed having a cat. I realize that having a cat htat I can cuddle and who will immediately show me that they are happy because of something I did is wonderful. (Purring in response to my petting in and scratching it). Cuddling a cat makes me be stil, it quiets my soul, is makes me sit and not move (except my hands that are petting the cat). On the long weekend, while visiting friends, I had the pleasure of cuddling not one but two cats. By the end of the weekend, I was finding myself asking God to find a way for me to have a cat.
Less, then a week later, a beautiful balck and white cat showed up on my front step, looking over our front door and asking for me to come out and pet it!!!! This cat which we nicknamed "Kitty" is incredibly friendly, loves children - even the tail pulling variety -, runs off when it has had to much children attention, and was incredibly hungry and lost. Over the course of the weekend, I totally loved this cat. I could not bring him our home, but we made a bed for him in our shed, and gave him some food -once it was obvious he was sticking around. The sad reality came on Sunday evening when our neighbour started complaining about "Kitty" disturbing his outdoor cat "George". I started thinking about the witness I want to be to "George"'s owners. I thought about the fact that a few weeks ago I specifcily prayed about a way to reach out and share God with these neigbhours.... I would be breaking a by-law by having a outdoor cat, and causing some striff with our neighbours. I made a hard decision and followed through with it.
Yesterday, Monday, Kitty clung to me as we drove him to the animal shelter in order to help him find a Mommy and Daddy who will love him and be able to bring him into their home. Daniel cried the whole way to the shelter, that is until he fell asleep. Esther just kept talking about "Cat!". Jacob was very sad, and whated to know when we can have a Cat. "Can we go get another cat, now, today?" And I shed a few tears and pray that someday, we can have an indoor cat again, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment