Friday, June 5, 2009

truth from babes

I was driving to Church with my three little ones. We were going to meet "Daddy". He was attending a Knight of Columbus meeting and I was going to attend a talk once his meeting was complete. The kids really didn't understand the switch over that was going to take place. They like us are still getting used to the fact that we are now an one vehicle family.
Jacob was asking several questions to try to figure it all out. One of his questions was if I was giving the talk. I replied no. He asked why. I took the opportunity to explain to him that not everyone knows everything. Some people know a lot of things. But no one knows everything. Of course he asked why! I then told him that there is so much to know that it is impossible for one person to know everything. (except God but we didn't get into that) I explain that some people know a lot about some things, and others know a lot about other things, and that it is good for us to listen to one another as this is how you learn about things.
Ok, so I just finished explaining to my child that No one knows everything, nor is it possible or realistic for one to expect to know everything.
A little while in the talk I was listening to.... the speaker said that it No one is Good at everything, and we cannot expect to be good at everything. Of course, my first reaction was why? Then my conversation with Jacob played back in my head.... Ouch! How things come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment