Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is the cost?

This week, I witnessed Jacob sitting in the back of a police cruiser.

It seems years flashed in front of my eyes.

No, he was not picked up anywhere. He was merely a curious 4 years old and we had a really nice police officer help us.

You see what was suppose to be a fun shopping trip to wallmart to buy Daddy a "seam riper" turned out to be more then what we planed. A seam riper, yes! My husband not only cooks, does laundry, and he sews as well - actually tonight him and Jacob made some child size ovenmits! We were stopped at a red light, only a few minutes away from our destination, when we were hit from behind. It seems a little red Honda civic had not planned it stop quite right. It left some of its paint and mark from it's body on to our van.

After checking on the kids, and getting some information from the other driver, we decided to move off the road to a near by parking lot. Eventually, we had to go to a local police station to report the accident. After much waiting, a police officer who recognized me from my law enforcement days came out to make the police report. The damage on our vehicle is probably close to 1,000$ and we need to replace the twins car seats and Jacob's booster seat. Great! I am grateful we have insurance, but I sure hate all the leg work involved in everything. The bring the van to the garage to get fixed, the getting the car seats out of our van into the rental van, getting new car seats, filling in all the paper work,...ARRRR!!!

I am grateful that the only on suffering injuries is me. The kids and Joey are fine. I have a sore shoulder and mid back, and neck. Probably from the seat belt, and all the stress.

Anyhow, with the accident, and my decision to declutter our house, I have been so busy and so little time to blog. Sigh!

I do think my body needs more sleep, so to dream land where as explained to Jacob today people go to get rest. My explanation sounded so good, it was like sleep was a commodity one could purchase. Now, image that. How much with one hour of restful sleep cost? One hour of restless sleep? After all it is better then none, or "they" say. Image the price tag on "a full night sleep". Now we all know that there is no money in this world that can buy sleep, but we are sure willing to find ways to beat the need for it. Coffee, chocolate, tea, coke, Pepsi,... caffeine, caffeine, are among the things I seek to replace that sleep I wish I had. How similar is our spiritual life? Can you image how much money it would cost to have a good 5 minute talk with God? How much would if cost to have an hour with God? How much with it cost to have eternal life? Can you image anyone having enough money to pay for that, the security that you won;t truly die when you die but would go on to live forever in a beautiful, serene environment with a person that loves you perfectly, where the streets are paved in gold, and where your treated like royalty. Can you image how much money that would cost? Could one ever afford it? How can I start saving up for that? Right, I don't have to save up for that. It is already paid for me and for you too! No, I am not a millionaire in hiding. But my Daddy is.
You see God arranged for me to have full access to him when ever I need him. God even arranged for me to live with him forever and ever, even when the 'world' think I am dead.
God, the father, sent Jesus to show us how to live, and then Jesus paid the price for me and you to live with God forever. Jesus paid with his life. He died on the cross for us to have a perfect relationship with God. All we need to do is accept the gifts. Accept that Jesus died on the cross for us and accept the grace of God to live the way he designed us to live.
Wow, we are rich in deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment