Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Blood

Here is an exert form a conversation Jacob, 3 1/2, and I had at bedtime a few days ago.

Jacob: "Mommy, you know the red"
Mommy: "Which red?)
Jacob: "you know the red spots on Jesus' hands" as he points with one finger to the palm of his other hand (just were Jesus' wounds are).
Mommy:"yes, the wounds on Jesus' hands are red spot,.... that is from the blood when the nails were put in his hands."
Jacob: "when Jesus died on the cross for us"
Mommy: " Yes, that is right."
Jacob: "That blood is in the cup."
Mommy: "yes, it's Jesus' blood in the cup"

I then explained that blood like water spills and that is why the blood has to be in a cup and cannot just be held like Jesus body.

I love this child, I especially love how he keeps me on my toes! and keeps me thinking.

Maybe, this iswhy i starting to consider studying theology,...


See related blog postdown belowabout the bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment