Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memories

It has happened several times that Joey and I are blow away by Jacob's memory. This morning was a great example:
I had slept in due to a soar throat. Joey was filling me in on what he and Daniel had done in the morning. They had been working on animals names and sounds. They did that using one of our puzzles. Daniel then indicated that he was in distress, one of the puzzle pieces was on the floor and he could not reach it from his seat at the table. I picked up the camel. I then remembered to tell Joey that I am thinking Daniel's favorite animal is a camel. He react excitedly when he see them. Ok so where does a 21 month old, living in Ottawa, Canada see camels in the winter... books, nativity scenes, little people,...
Joey then asked Daniel what his favorite animal is. Daniel points to the camel. Joey then says that in a few years we should 'spring' for the camel ride at the Toronto Zoo. Then Jacob says 'hey,... you know the place with the pyramids. Mom you know where you go under the tunnels in the pyramids,.. they have a camel there!" In amazement I respond positively the Children's museum does have a ride-on camel. Now, Jacob has been there about 4 times. It's a great museum, very hands on. The last time they were there was several months ago when I was working on a talk for RCIA and Aunt Jane and Daddy took them. Wow... I praised him on his memory. Now, the only kids I really worked with before my own where all developmental challenged, so I really don't know if this is normal memory stuff or not? But it sure surprises me.

No comments:

Post a Comment