Friday, April 10, 2009

my heart feels yucky!

What can happen when you are rocking your 3 year old to sleep on Good Friday evening:


Jacob : "Mommy,... I am sick?"
Mom: "Is your tummy still feels sick, or are other parts feeling yucky?"
Jacob: ( with shy manners and voice ) "other parts, too!"
Mom: "Like what parts"
Jacob: " My BONES.... ( a pause) and my heart feels yucky."
Mom: "Your Bones and your heart"
Jacob: "Yeah! you know where Jesus is. In my heart,... how can he get out!" "He is not there at Church, he is gone. How can he get out! my heart feels yucky!"

We went to Church today to do a children's station of the cross. Honestly, I didn't think the kids had gotten anything out of it. But Jacob did notice that all the picutres and statues where covered in purple cloth, and most obviously that the tabernacle was wide open and empty. We talked about how Jesus was hiding in the tomb, and that is why we has not there.

So.. I held my little boy on my lap and told him that Jesus can't get out of his heart. That Jesus is still in his heart. Why he asked. Because he loves you very much. And that tomorrow night, we will celebraet Jesus coming back alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment