Thursday, April 30, 2009

Old Testament

Jacob has been asking us lately who David, Moses, ... are. Hence, I decided to start reading his some of the account of the old testament. I love the old testament and hope to pass this on to our children. Jacob is familiar with Samuel. We did an activity, thanks to St-Paul's Minnesota's family formation preschool program, about Samuel and how he listen to the Lord. I read Jacob the passage of how Samuel found David. That he was just a young boy, but God had a great plan for him. We then kept reading and got to the point when Saul was chasing David to kill him, (I must admit I change the word to hurt him very badly.) because he (Saul) thought David wanted to kill him. Now... in my word...
David and his men (about 400) were hiding in a cave (not sure if all the men were in the cave but some. Some of these men prophosied to David that we would get his revenge on Saul on this day. To me this sounds like David going to kill him, and that since this prophesy is actually from god like they think it is, then he is justified in killing him. After all that is why, Saul and his 3000 men are the reason David is stuck hidding in a cave. ... the account goes to tell us,... that Saul came in the very cave in which David was hidding in to no the less relieve himself (I guess this means use the bathroom, at least that is what I told Jacob.) David goes up to Saul, and .... he decided to be gentle and cut off a piece of his robe! He does not hurt Saul at all. He simply cuts off a part of his robe. (Now this is when I wish I was a bible scolar and knew Hebrew to get all this information to it fullness... but one day, that dream might come true.) So Saul, leaves the cave. Then David goes after Saul waving the peice of Saul's robe and saying something along the lines of "see I am not going to kill you, I could have, but instead I jsut took a piece of your robes for you to understand." Wow,.... would I really be this gentle with a man who caused me to hide! Saul then lets David take his rightfull kingship. Do you think God would of let the kingship come to David that easily if he would of kill Saul????? Saul does dies very shortly after this account. but.... anyhow...
The whole point is the next day Jacob comes up to me and tells me "He had the robe of Saul in his hands!" as we waved his hands in the air.... HE actually listen to the accounts... WOW.

I got to go take care of my three prescious little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment